The Centre has always had a mission to provide training and education on holistic therapies, and living more holistically, and now we’re expanding the provision to include accredited training in holistic therapies. We’re working alongside Dave Green of Natural Self, who is running his innovative courses at the Centre, and we also have Natasha Harries and Chris Ramsbottom with their training courses as usual. Julie Grant is teaching us how to do Access Consciousness Bars in November, and we welcome her to the Centre as a therapist – though she has been with us from day 1 in various roles!
Because we’re going more down the accredited therapies line, we are making the Centre available to our students so they can practise and gain their experience through providing case studies. These are offered at a reduced rate to you, to acknowledge the training role of these case studies and to distinguish between the trainee therapists and the fully qualified therapists.
These case studies are a really good way for you to try a therapy to see if it’s for you. So if you would like to try reflexology, for example, but find the £40 full cost to be a lot to pay for something you might not enjoy, then book a treatment for just £15.
Most of the people offering these case study hours are fully qualified therapists in other disciplines too, so they are already professionals in holistic healthcare: they are adding another therapy to their portfolio and so you are guaranteed a professional approach from day 1.
So when are these bargains available? Mostly it’s dependent on the availability of the student, but we have made these arrangements:
- Michelle Heyes is available on Wednesdays between 12 and 9. She is our foot health practitioner, and her normal foot health services are available as well, and for that she charges £25 for half an hour, or £35 for a full hour. She is training in reflexology and is charging £15.
- Bernadette Tunney is our Bowen therapist, and she is nearly qualified in sports massage therapy. Her case studies cost £20, while a full Bowen treatment lasts an hour and costs £35. She is particularly looking for people who are training for events such as 5K runs, who feel they would benefit from a sports massage. She is available on Fridays between 10 and 2 at the moment.
- Janine Lloyd is one of our volunteers who is also a therapist. She is fully qualified in massage, and has recently qualified in both Reiki and holistic facials. Despite being fully qualified, she has asked that we help her gain confidence in her practise, and we have agreed that her treatments will cost £25 for the time being. Her treatments are available on Thursdays between 12 and 4, and on Fridays between 11 and 4.
- Liz Finlay McPherson has recently qualified at level 2 in Reiki, and has requested the ability to complete a series of case studies in Reiki. These will be available by arrangement and cost £10.
- Vivien Baines is undertaking a humanistic counselling course and therefore needs case studies. These cost £10, and are available Wednesday evening or Thursday evening by appointment.
If you’d like to take advantage of these case studies, please contact the Centre on 024 7644 0186. More and different case studies will be available as we go on into Autumn: we will have a Massage course running in October, so expect to see more massage case studies come available from then. There is also a certificated Tarot Readers course scheduled for September, and the trainees from this course will need case studies to become fully qualified.